Powder Coating is an advanced method of applying a decorative and protective finish to virtually any type of metal that can be used both by industry and consumers.
The powder used in the process is a mixture of finely ground particles of pigment and resin, and is applied to the substrate using an electrostatic spray gun, this ensures a uniform coating is achieved.
The charged powder particles adhere to the electrically grounded surfaces until the powder is heated at usually 200 degrees celsius and fused into a smooth coating in the curing oven.
The end result is a uniform, durable, high quality and attractive finish.
The whole process is much quicker than wet spraying so is ideal for industrial purposes, and there are virtually no V.O.C’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) so its more environmentally friendly.
Benefits of Powder Coating
- SERVICEABILITY for both consumers and in industry.
- ECONOMICAL alternative to conventional paint finishing on all types of metal.
- DURABLE, more resistant to chipping, scratching, fading and wearing than other finishes.
- VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED for colours, finishes and textures.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY less harmful, as contains no solvents compared to liquid finishes.
- CONVENIENT lead times, ensuring deadlines achieved.